Those of you who know of the Mayo Clinic know it’s consistently ranked within the top 3 health care centers in the world. So, I turned to them to provide us with some easy tips to follow on a daily basis to maintain the healthiest mouth possible. The great thing is, anyone can follow these tips.
Mayo Clinic Brushing Recommendations
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day and ideally after every meal
- Use a fluoride-containing toothpaste.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush — it’s gentler on your gums.
- Hold your toothbrush at a slight angle against your teeth
- Use short back-and-forth motions.
Visit the Mayo Clinic website for more daily tooth brushing tips.
Mayo Clinic Flossing Tips
- Gently ease the floss between your teeth.
- Pull the ends of the floss against the front and back surface of a tooth
- Form a “C” as the floss wraps around the tooth.
- Gently pull the floss from the gumline to the top of the tooth to scrape off plaque.< li>
- Floss the backs of your teeth.
Additional May Clinic Oral Care Tips
- Use an interdental cleaner specially designed to clean between your teeth.
- Use a mouth rinse to help reduce plaque between your teeth.
- Use oral irrigators (such as a water pik) to remove food particles.
Following these tips provided by the Mayo Clinic will help to ensure that your mouth is a healthy mouth. But, remember, as with all tips we provide on Dental Heroes, consistency is key. These tips need to be built into your daily routine to be effective.
What do you think?
Do you disagree with any of the tips provided by the Mayo Clinic? Would you add any to the list?